ROLDA,Inc. ABN 38 420 39 60 60 ( “ROLDA”, “we”, “our” or “us”) takes your privacy seriously.
ROLDA,Inc. strongly believes in protecting the integrity and privacy of personal information gathered from our members and from visitors to our websites. Our practices are guided by the Australian Privacy Principles: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law/privacy-act/australian-privacy-principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
We know you place your trust in ROLDA,Inc. and we work hard to keep that trust, every day. Because the protection of your privacy is of great importance to us, we have reviewed all our processes for how we collect, use, share, secure and store personal data, reflecting our commitment to ensuring we always follow the very best practice.
We will only mail appeals to supporters who have demonstrated an active interest in the charity. These supporters will have donated within the last three years or will have demonstrated a long-term interest in the charity (through such activity as pledging a gift in their Will). Our materials will always give an option for the supporter to opt out of ROLDA marketing and communications; and we will never send appeals to anyone who has opted out.
We will only make fundraising appeals by email or phone to supporters who have asked to receive calls and emails from us. Each call or email will include an opportunity for a supporter to opt out of future communications. We will never call or email anyone who has asked not be contacted in this way.
These policies do not extend to external sites that our site is linked to or online content otherwise uncontrolled by us. Please check with these companies and sites for their policies regarding data privacy, including the use of “cookies”.
What information does ROLDA collect?
We do not collect personally identifying information from our visitors beyond that which is supplied to us on a voluntary basis. We ask ROLDA donors and members for personal details such as their names, addresses, telephone numbers, credit card details and e-mail addresses.
You are in control of the personally identifying information you supply to us. You can choose whether to supply your name to us, or if you prefer you may interact with the organisation under a pseudonym or anonymously.
We also collect information that does not identify you personally via cookies and aggregate site analyses as detailed below.
ROLDA may collect personal information like your name, title, address, email address, gender, occupation, contact details, payment details, financial information (including credit card data), information about when and how you have donated to us, participated in our activities or used our services and programs.
The type of information we collect might also depend on your relationship to us, including (amongst others):
- a) Donors and supporters: as a supporter of ROLDA’s mission and activities, we may need to collect your name, , contact details and details relating to other fundraising appeals or your contact history with us. As a donor or participant of our fundraising activities, we may also need to collect your bank account and/or credit card details in order to process your donation or set up a direct debit system for recurrent donations. We may also record information relating to your gender, affiliated website (private or business), social media information, information relating to your work, relationship information (for example, your marital status and information about your friends and family) when you provide such information to us.
- b) Service recipients: as a recipient of, or participant in, one of our activities, services and programs, we may need to collect your name and contact details and information about your work, such as your qualifications, work history, company/employer and your job title/description.
- c) Employees and volunteers: as an employee or volunteer for ROLDA, we may need to collect information about your name and contact details, bank account and taxation details, qualifications, previous experience and emergency contact details.
- site performance identifiers: these give us information about how our website is used. This helps us provide you with a more user-friendly experience.
- analytics cookies: we use these to gather statistics about our website. For example, Google analytics help us monitor how many users are on the site and what sections are most popular.
Why does ROLDA ask for my information?
In order to participate in some of ROLDA’s activities, you might be asked to provide some personal information. This could be in connection with any one or combination of the following:
- Making a donation online;
- Sending personalized e-mail messages when responding to action alerts;
- Participating in surveys and signing petitions
How does ROLDA collect my information?
In most cases, information will be collected directly from you:
- via submission forms on our website;
- by mail or e-mail when you contact us to make a donation;
- in person at events, when signing petitions or signing up to receive alerts from us.
We may also collect information from third party sources (including obtaining details for potential future supporters from like-minded organisations or third-party suppliers, where you have provided your consent for this to happen).
How does ROLDA use the information gathered from the above sources?
We collect your information in order to:
- send you details about our campaigns, events, activities and local volunteer opportunities;
- send you membership and renewal appeals;
- maintain accurate records of our members.
ROLDA also uses information gathered via our websites to improve our Web-based campaigns. In order to provide you with better and more relevant information, we compile information about e-mail response and website usage.
How does ROLDA store and protect my information?
ROLDA is extremely protective of the information gathered through its direct mail sole partner and our own websites https:rolda.org.au,https://rolda.org and its sub domains. Our websites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. Our Web server is located in a locked, secure environment. The database stored on the website is owned by ROLDA USA (Romanian League in Defense of Animals, Inc –EIN 32-0176929) governed by the Constitution of the United States of America.
Membership and donor’s information are stored in databases operated by ROLDA or third-party service providers complying with GDPR rules. For these providers, ROLDA requires warranties stating that they adhere to privacy practices that meet or exceed the requirements outlined in the Australian Privacy Principles.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
Does ROLDA share my information with others?
ROLDA never rents or sells your personal information. We do occasionally make the names and postal addresses of members who have consented to the sharing of this information available to reputable commercial companies and advocacy and non-profit organizations on a reciprocal basis.
Personal information is stored in membership and activist databases operated by third-party service providers.
ROLDA may also disclose personal information to individuals, corporations, organisations or governmental authorities without your consent if we are required to do so by law or if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
Additionally, if ROLDA reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to either individual or public health or safety, it may disclose your information. Furthermore, if ROLDA reasonably believes that disclosure to relevant enforcement bodies is necessary for the prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of seriously improper conduct or prescribed conduct, it may disclose your information.
Disclosure to advocacy targets
At times you may choose to sign one of our petitions or use our online tools that will send your personal information (usually your name, email and/or contact details you provide in the form or tool) directly to the targets of certain advocacy campaigns. For example, you may use our online tool to send an email directly to a campaign target, such as a Minister or company, as if it came from your email program. This tool sends your name and email address to the campaign target. Please be aware that the recipients will then be able to reply directly to you. We would not have any control over how your personal information will be handled by these advocacy targets.
Advocacy targets may be located in Australia or overseas. If your information is to be sent to an advocacy target overseas, we will disclose the location of the target on the petition.
ROLDA, Inc. is part of an international charity with offices in many countries, all sharing the objective to help animals around the world. Our international entity, Romanian League in Defense of Animals (ROLDA USA) is located in United States. In order to carry out our functions and provide our programs and services we may need to disclose personal information to our international entity, ROLDA USA, from time to time.
Your personal information may also be sent overseas in the following limited circumstances:
- we may engage external suppliers such as mailing houses and telemarketers that we contract with to assist with fundraising and the administration and management of ROLDA;
- we may engage contractors located overseas for the limited purposes of storing personal information (including the storage of financial information in a cloud-based accounting program) and ensuring that such information remains accessible upon demand; and
- we may also liaise with overseas not-for-profit organisations for the sharing of mailing lists to enable these organisations to contact our supporters with information we believe may be of interest to our supports or donors.
The countries to which we may disclose your personal information include but are not limited to the United States.
We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that overseas recipients only use your personal information as part of the primary purpose for which it was provided (or for any secondary purposes directly related to that primary purpose) and that such recipients are either:
- aware of and agree to not breach the Australian Privacy Principles before we disclose any information to them; or
- we reasonably believe that they are subject to a law that has the effect of protecting your personal information in a way that is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles.
Otherwise we will obtain your consent before any such disclosure.
It is important to know that you can instruct us how we are allowed to use your personal information or if you want us to delete your personal information from our records.
How long does ROLDA keep my information?
How long we keep your information will depend on legal requirements and the nature of your interaction with us.
How do I access information ROLDA holds about me or make a complaint?
Subject to some exceptions allowed by law, you are entitled to access your personal information.
The easiest way to access or correct information we hold about you or to make a complaint regarding how we have dealt with your personal information is by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can contact us via the mailing address or phone number found at the end of this policy.
If you’ve made a complaint, we will send you a written response acknowledging that your complaint has been received and providing you with contact details for the representative handling it and the estimated time it will take to provide you with an update on its status.
Correcting your personal information
If you believe the personal information we hold about you may be incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us at email@example.com We will respond to requests to change your personal information within a reasonable timeframe and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate, up-to-date and complete.
If you wish to opt out of receiving communications from ROLDA Australia, you can let us know by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org